YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
- When you register on our website or provide us with your details in-store we will collect some of your personal details. You may choose to be added to our postal mailing list to receive our seasonal promotions, and also may subscribe to email newsletters. The information we collect is used by ROMAR and other companies in the ROMAR group.
- We will not email you unless you have given us your consent, and you have the option not to be included and to remove yourself from our mailing lists at any time.
- We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. The type of information we may collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit/debit card details
- Your previous purchase history
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
COOKIES AND ONLINE PRIVACY
- In common with most websites, ROMAR uses “cookies”. Cookies are small snippets of text that are stored on your computer. When you request a page from our website, the cookies are sent to our web server, and when we send a page back to you our server may add to or change these cookies. Without cookies, we would not be able to know that you are the same person from page to page. We do not store anything that could identify you personally in cookies; instead we store codes and references which can only be connected to your personal details by our own systems.
- Additionally, we have partnerships with some carefully chosen third party services which involve including some code on our website, for example so that we can jointly measure the effectiveness of our marketing activities or enable you to share content with your friends. In some cases these partners may also store and retrieve their own cookies on your computer. Cookies set by websites other than ROMAR are known as “third party cookies”.